Goals


July 06, 2010

Week 3 of The Biggest Loser Book

Well, I didn’t write anything about week 2. I guess I didn’t have much to say. I guess I was busy, and I guess I’m not following the plan perfectly either. I am on week 3 of the 6 weeks to a healthier you, and I did see results those first 2 weeks but I’m just not feeling it anymore. Is it the lack of familiar foods, the overly repetitiveness of the menu, or just the time consuming meal preparations that is getting to me? Who knows, all I know is that I have food stored up for week 3 and 4 and I have yet to really follow through with 1 day of the plan this week. Granted, it’s only day 2 so far, but I’m having a hard time allowing this program to adjust to my lifestyle of family style eating and serving, as well as quick and easy food prep.

Problem #1 consists of the lack of time I have every day to prep meals and have time to eat them. Some days are filled with little mini-meals with lots of fruits to eat on the go or in the quick five minutes my kid allows me to cook and eat. Other days I have a lunch recipe for a soup that serves 10 that takes an hour to prep all the ingredients and then cook, when I only have 2 uninterrupted hours to do house work, eat lunch, shower, and feed my facebook addiction. That leaves me with really only 30 minutes or less of facebook time! Come on! All kidding aside, I’m finding it difficult to schedule the time into my life to cook, clean, and eat along with my 2 hours in the evening of exercise.

Problem #2 revolves around the fact that I like variety, and that I get bored pretty quickly with the same foods all the time. Now, don’t get me wrong, almost all the recipes I’ve used in this book have been great and have tasted great, but who wants to eat oatmeal with fruit 3 times a week or have a meal with black beans in it almost every day? I know, some of you do, but I get sick of it pretty quick.

Problem #3 is all about my social eating situations. The holidays, the BBQs, and the “let’s hang out tonight” events. I have friends, I have friends who eat, and I have friends who don’t eat like I do. So, this in turn becomes a predicament. The meal plan is based around the fact that I’m feeding myself only. I have made it so that it feeds my husband and child too. But, there is no way I am cooking salmon and snow peas for 10 people one evening. That’s way too expensive and needless to say not everyone will like it. I try to make the meals as healthy as I can when I have to feed more then my family, but it doesn’t always work out that way.

So, my next plan for this book is to use it as a guideline for what I should be eating. I realize now that the book is focused on the beginning of your journey, not the middle it, but that it is meant to be for those of you who haven’t quite got the handle on how to eat and be healthy. The book’s focus is based around the health risks and diseases that being obese causes and helps you to learn how to combat those symptoms and reduce your risk of illness. I’m already there. I have decrease my risk so much that my legs don’t hurt from being swollen all the time, that I don’t have back pain 24/7, and that it’s not a huge risk to be on certain medications due to high blood pressure – I’m not going to stroke out! This book is great, and it’s great for those who need to loose a little or a lot and need help learning to plan their meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment