Goals


April 27, 2011

Group Exercise Classes

I absolutely love my group classes that I take 5 days a week now! I couldn’t say enough about them if someone asked me for a recommendation. Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays I take Zumba, and we all know how awesomely fun that is. And, if you don’t you better get your butt in gear and find out! Here is my review of Zumba from the first time I took it. On Tuesday and Thursday I take Body Combat, which is a high intensity cardio kick-boxing class! Yes, I said kick-boxing, and yes I can now kick your butt if you test me. Both these classes work some of the same areas of the body, but for the most part I get different results from the two classes.

So, what does my body combat class give me? The class uses several areas of martial arts, including karate, boxing, and muay thai (among others) to give a crazy workout that has fast pace music and about 7 tracks followed by an abs workout. In the class we strike, punch, lunge, side kick, and even squats. Of course there’s a lot more to it then just those, and the hour goes by so much faster then just using a machine for the same length of time. The instructors are also so amazing. I usually have the same instructors for the class, but occasionally we get a sub and they always work you in a slightly different way – which is great! This class has empowered me work hard, push through pain, and focus on my workout.

I am into almost 5 months of Zumba classes, and love it more ever day. I can’t say enough about what a great time I have in this class. I’ve made some great friends from the class, and have learned to shake my booty at the same time. Zumba is so much fun, and really works out the entire body. I think I lost most of my weight recently in my core because of Zumba, with its amazing rumba and Latin inspirited dance movies I get a whole body workout in an hour. In a week I will do a 2 hour Zumba party at the gym and can’t wait to dance the night away!

I will post some videos later on of each class for examples of the workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment