Goals


April 20, 2011

Running Journey

I’m new to this running thing. I remember in middle school track how much I dreaded it and really did not do well at it at all. I can’t say I’m any better these days, but I see the benefits and really am enjoying developing the skill of running (because, really it is a skill). I’m going to begin research more about running and really begin the process of becoming a runner. On the side bar you can see that an exercise goal of mine is to be able to run 1 mile without stopping. I’m almost there to; I can run about half a mile without stopping which is a great accomplishment for me! I still have my foot pain and would love to invest in better shoes and orthopedics, but at this time it’s just not realistic. So, until the pain is taken care of I can’t do a lot of running. At this time I am jogging/walking on the treadmill for about 15-20 minutes at a time about twice a week. I love it! I’m running at 4.5 mph pace with no incline, and am also considering doing a 5K run at my gym (considering!!). So, share with me any of your running pointers, and we will see how far I get in this part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment