Goals


May 04, 2011

Experimenting in Group Exercising

So, I've found myself in a plateau with my weight lose and inches lost in my body. I workout like a mad women - 6 days a week, 90-120 minutes a day! I've also been battling with a knee problem, and should have it looked at one of these days. But, needless to say this isn't going to stop me. I have decided that I am not getting enough motivation to do my weight training on my own, and at the same time finding myself bored with the same routine. So, to keep myself from not sticking to this thought and not running with it I am declaring to you, my readers, that I am going to take a Body Pump Class next week.

So, what is Body Pump? Body pump is a barbell weight training class that strengthens your entire body. The class is a 60-minute workout that challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. The class is a lot like Body Combat with weights - a structured routine to music and motivating instructors. Now, I have been told time and again by the trainers at my gym that this is THE class to take for weight lose and weight training, but I've been scared to take it for numerous reasons.

My main fear is pain and inability to accomplish the class. I had the same fear when I began Body combat, and here I am conquering that class into the 2nd launch now. I've also been intimidated by the instructors, so after getting to know some of them and realize that they once were beginners too I'm feeling more confident in my abilities. The main problem though is the time of the class - Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30 - 5:30 or Monday Wednesday at 6:30 - 7:30. Now, the first class is doable, except for I have to take Julia to the daycare (cost) and the second one is during Zumba, so Tuesday or Thursday it is!

My plan will have to change now though. I will have to change my workout schedule to fit my family needs. If I take a 4:30 class then I can't stay to workout after because 2 out of 3 of us are going to need dinner. If I take this class, I might not be able to do my 6:30 Body Combat class either. So, these are all concerns, but I'm going to go after this class and see what kind of results I see from it.

Workout Plan for Week of May 8 -
Sunday - Mother's Day - no workout
Monday - 6:00 - 8:00 - Calisthenics & Zumba
Tuesday - 4:30 - 5:30 - Body Pump & evening walk with family
Wednesday - 6:30 - 8:30 - Zumba & Abs
Thursday - 6:30 - 8:00 - Body Combat & Elliptical
Friday - 5:00 - 7:00 - Zumba & Calisthenics
Saturday - Long quick pace walk during the day

No comments:

Post a Comment