Goals


January 12, 2012

Weekly Burned Calories

An interesting topic arose the other day before Zumba started, which had been sparked the previous day at the end of body combat with my instructor. To loose 1 pound a week, you will have to burn 3,500 calories a week, or 500 a day. She had also read that to burn that many calories you’d have to run 30 miles in a week to loose just 1 pound. Now of course all of this isn’t new to me, but it sparked my mind more on how I will win and conquer my goals!

My hope for each day during this challenge is to eat 1,200 calories a day. To loose 1 pound a week I’d need to burn 3,500 calories for the week, but I want to loose 5.5 pounds a week. My BMR, Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day is 1,873.5. So, I’m cutting 673.5 calories out a day, allowing for that 3,500 to happen just in my diet, and then I’ll be burning most of those calories off each day. I’m in no way an expert in this area, and am going off of many resources to give me all the information I am learned. But, with those around me guiding me though this and with the strength of God with me I know I can accomplish this.

So, with 4 hours of exercise a day and a low calorie diet, it appears mathematically I can do it. I feel many mixed emotions already about going through this process as intensely as I am, but my slow and steady process has just taken to long already and I’m ready to defeat my weight forever!

To Calculate your BMR go here

No comments:

Post a Comment