Goals


January 16, 2010

Chicken Sandwiches!

I found myself with the need to eat and exercise today. I had several moments of emotional eating desires, but I pushed them back and called to talk to people instead. I managed to get my workout in this evening, and felt all the better for it. Tonight we made a fabulous dinner of chicken sandwiches with garlic; parmesan baked red potatoes with a side salad. I waited all day for my chicken sandwich. Back story, when Julia was in the hospital her first two and half months I spent the majority of my time there. So, I ate a lot at the hospital cafeteria. The grill was the cheapest and usually healthiest place to go, so I frequently had their chicken sandwiches. Once I discovered them I was in love with chicken sandwiches, except for back then I loved putting two packets of mayonnaise and usually had bacon on top of it all. Plus fries! So, this time we were able to recreate my favorite food with a much healthier version and some healthy fries. I used Dijonnaise to give it some kick, which is mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a low-calorie and low-fat way. It’s a great condiment.

I’m also happy to report that Jon has also begun to loss weight, and made a goal of losing 20 pounds in 6 months. For all who know him, can you IMAGINE him that much thinner?

Total Calories today: 2,119 Total Calories Burned: 220.2

No comments:

Post a Comment