Goals


April 28, 2010

Workout Overview & calories Burned theory

What a great workout tonight with my ladies. I am so blessed to have two friends who are willing to take time out of their busy schedule to hang out and workout at the gym. Robin & Laura you are the best friends a girl could ever ask for. Here’s an overview of what our workout looked like (except Laura, hers is all geared towards baby).

We used 3 different cardio machines (long story as to why we changed) - 45 minutes total of cardio. I did some running on the treadmill at a small incline.

Circuit weight training – after meeting with a trainer for an orientation on the machines we got a good idea of what to do with the weight machines upstairs. Several arm presses and lifts: 3 sets of 12, lunges in the hallway, and 3 sets of 12 on the ab machine. Friday we will be doing squats too and side dips with hand weighs.

Future plans include yoga on Tuesday nights, they are going also on Thursday’s, but I will be attending a parenting class. (I feel very strongly that parents should always learn more on how to be better, so a free class came into our hands and we scooped it up.) I would also like to do a spinning class, but Robin swears I will hate it. Of course the whole point of taking these classes is for me to challenge myself and my body to points where I am dropping huge numbers in my weight loss.

Another interesting fact I learned today was that in order to lose 1 pound you need to have a deficit of 3500 calories each week. This includes in calories burned and NOT consumed. So, if I am getting this right you need to be eating less then your body needs to MAINTAIN your weight, as well as burning at least 500 calories a day in order to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Since my body requires around 2200 calories to maintain my weight, and I am eating around 1500 each day I am down to 4900 calories there. I also am burning anywhere between 250-500 calories a day with my exercise. So, in theory I should be losing those 1-2 lbs a week now that I am back on the workout wagon. We will see, won’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment