Goals


May 07, 2010

Achieved a goal!

Alright, this morning I went to the gym! That alone rocks. Then, I stepped on the treadmill, pushed the 5K button program, and began the workout. Wasn't feeling so into it, but turned on the IPod and went to town. My long term goal with this 5K is to manage to run/walk in under an hour. So, I get my 10 minutes in, start my 1 minutes sprints, and really get into it. About 30 minutes into it I begin to really get into it. I'm half way to completing a 5K. I turn up the incline, keep a fast pace, every 5 minutes I do a 1 minute sprint, and keep the IPod rock'n out. I begin to think I'm going to get the 5K done today! Then I start walking faster, adding seconds onto my sprints, and realize that I CAN DO THIS under 60 minutes.

So, at 58 minutes I accomplished a 5K on the treadmill and burned 517 calories. I have to admit, I got in the car and screamed so loud in victory, and pumped my fists up in the air! God was running right there with me! I felt that extra push, that nurturing spirit, and that whisper in my ear telling me I could do it!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I love you so much. You are an inspiration to us all and I cannot wait to do it with you. Keep up the hard work lady.

    ReplyDelete