Goals


June 01, 2010

5 steps to loossing 5 lbs!

So, I didn’t lose any weight last week, and I have 2 weeks until the deadline on my small weight goal. So, how am I going to get to that weight goal? In order to do so I have to lose 5 pounds this week and next, for a total of 10 pounds. So, here I am looking up “how to lose 5 lbs in a week" on the internet. Most of the advice is things I already do. Exercise, increase your cardio, drink plenty of water, etc. So, here are my steps to lose 5 lbs this week.

1. Get more sleep. I typically only get around 5-6 hours a night. So, I’m looking to get 6-8 now. By going to bed by 10 o’clock and waking up at 5:45 that will give me 7 hours and 45 minutes. Pretty close!
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. I will be honest and say I don’t always make it to 8 glasses a day, so I’m going to count them and make sure each day!
3. Take a daily vitamin. Can’t hurt anything can it? May be missing something essential, so I’m going to add it in.
4. Keep up the exercise. I’m going to keep up the 500 burned calories a day goal.
5. Eat more lean protein. I don’t typically eat a lot of high fat proteins, but I’m cutting it out for these next 2 weeks. Lean proteins include, fish; chicken; ground turkey; etc.

2 comments:

  1. Okay 5 steps and counting. Get to bed earlier.. I am trying lady I promise... eat lean protein I am doing pretty good.. I have eaten at your house almost every day this week... keeping up the workouts... yep I need to do better at this but I do great when my gym nazi is around...Daily vitamin.. I have been doing this for 5 years now without skipping and I am not sure that that helps at all.

    As for water I totally have the 8 glasses down.. sometimes I wonder if part of my weight gain is from the amount of water I drink. But who knows for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the lean protien hasn't been very good this week - had the hamburgers and then the pork last night. Opps! Good on the water, the vitamin thing isn't doing much either I don't think. We will see.

    ReplyDelete