Goals


February 02, 2011

4 Day Cleanse...

Today is the first day of my 4 day cleanse I am choosing to do to decrease any bloating and water retention. The “Flat Belly Diet!” is a program that is about helping to change our eating habits that cause our bodies to bloat up with extra gas and water retention. The four day jumpstart cleanse included 2 liters of “Sassy Water” and a diet plan for to follow. After the cleanse the plan leads you into a 4 week eating plan comprised of 3 400-calorie meals a day of your choice (from their own menu plan) and a 400-calorie snack of your choice; a daily core confidence reflection; and an optional exercise program.

Now, since talking with the trainer about doing a cleanse I felt like this jumpstart program would be great for me, but the entire program itself comprises of several things I am not comfortable with; the main thing being restriction of certain foods from my life. My lifestyle change is not about having the perfect body or the ideal weight for my body – it’s about leading a life that is healthy and filled with activity and happiness. I choose to include “unhealthy” snacks for my child, but in moderation and do so in the way that she knows they are a treat and special. I do not want to be a role model for healthy unless it includes how we control ourselves and eat in moderation when it comes to foods that may not be the best option. So, in the end I will take what I can from this plan, and learn about my body in a new way. I will not restrict myself (except during this cleanse) in order to win a contest or to loose weight.

The cleanse is a great way for my body to really get a shock to it, that allows my metabolism to have to readjust and learn to what I am doing with my body. I will follow pretty strictly the plan for the next 4 days, and am prepared for the crabby moods and the fatigue that will come on with the loss of coffee and higher carbohydrate foods. I’ve chosen to increase the protein options though since I am in such an active lifestyle right now. Here is the 4 day eating plan…

Day 1:
Breakfast: 1 cup Cornflakes; 1 cup milk; 1/2 cup applesauce; 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
Lunch: 4 oz turkey rolled up; light string cheese; 1 pint fresh grape tomatoes
Snack: Blueberry Smoothie: 1 Cup Skim milk and 1 Cup frozen unsweetened blueberries in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil.
Dinner: 1 cup cook green beans; 4 oz grilled tilapia; 1/2 cup roasted red potatoes w/ 1 tsp olive oil

Day 2:
Breakfast: 1 cup rice krispies; 1 cup milk; 1/4 cup sunflower seeds; 4 oz pineapple tidbits canned in juice
Lunch: 3 oz chuck light tuna in water; 1 cup steamed baby carrots; 1 light string cheese
Snack: Pineapple Smoothie: Place 1 Cup skim milk, 4 oz canned pineapple tidbits in juice in blender, add a handful of ice, and whip for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil.
Dinner: 1 cup fresh crimini mushrooms sauteed w/ 1 tsp olive oil; 3 oz grilled chicken breast; 1/2 cup steamed brown rice

Day 3:
Breakfast: 1 cup Cornflakes; 1 cup milk; 1/2 cup applesauce; 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
Lunch: 4 oz turkey rolled up; light string cheese; 1 pint fresh grape tomatoes
Snack: Peach Smoothie: Place 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup frozen peaches in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in 2 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil.
Dinner: 1 cup cook green beans; 4 oz tilapia; 1/2 cup roasted red potatoes w/ 1 tsp olive oil

Day 4:
Breakfast: 1 pack cream of wheat; 1 cup milk; 1/4 sunflower seed; 2 dried plums
Lunch: 3 oz chunk light tuna in water; 1 cup steamed baby carrots; 1 light string cheese
Snack: Strawberry Smoothie: Combine 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup frozen strawberries in blender and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in 2 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil.
Dinner: 1 cup squash w/ 1 tsp olive oil; 3 oz grilled chicken breast; 1/2 cup brown rice


“Sassy Water” –
2 Liters of water (about 8 ½ cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight. Drink the entire pitcher by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment