Goals


February 16, 2011

Giving my Body the Chance to Fight!

I am on the road to recovery! I’ve been sick for what seems like a month, but I know I had a good stretch of time that I wasn’t as sick, but I am so done with the cold and flu season. I started out the year with a stomach virus, and we remember that very well still. Now, this past 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with a respiratory infection. Since beginning my journey I have found myself becoming less ill from all the germs that come my way, even with these past two stints of illness. I found that as my body became stronger and my lungs breathed better I was not getting chronic bronchitis anymore, and unable to get up off the couch from a bad cold. But, this illness put me down for the count. I attempted to fight through it the first part of last week, thinking that a little Zumba would do me some good. By the end of the week I was barely breathing well, and coughing so hard my head would spin! So, off to the doctor I went and out with 4 new prescriptions and a diagnosis of respiratory Infection and an Ear infection. Also, I was told no exercise for 3 or more days, until I began to breathe better. Monday came around this week and I was feeling dramatically better, so off to Zumba I went (even on Valentine’s Day, yes) and continued to keep my routine going into Tuesday. As of this morning I do not have the burning cough in my chest anymore, and am only battling with the drainage from my sinuses and a minor cough. I’m still bringing the inhaler with me into the gym the rest of the week though, but I am on the mend and feel great for giving my body the ability to fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment