Goals


March 09, 2011

I was in hiding....

Well, I haven't posted on the blog for a couple of weeks for a couple of reasons. 1) I am in full force weight loss mode, and do not have alot of extra time to write out posts. 2) I want to keep you in suspense on how well I'm doing.....haha

I am doing great just so you know. I will post a weight this week and after that will be the final weigh for the Biggest Loser Contest. I've been keeping my workouts up very regularly, except when we had 2 winter storms hit our town in a week and I wasn't able to go to the gym for 5 days - holy smokes I was craving for some Zumba by then!

My daily life right now in staying pretty consistent, but I am making some sacrifices for the next 2 weeks for the final push of weight loss in the contest. I've been focused on counting my calories, and trying to keep them below 1,300 a day (let me tell you, that is hard!) and exercising for 2 hours a day (except Saturdays). The sacrifice comes not only on my part, but also my husband and daughter. As soon as Jon comes home at night I am running off to the gym for the evening while he wrangles our two year old. I am then come home sore and exhausted and help with bedtime (a whole other workout in itself). Jon usually has to finished dinner time, bath time, and play time with Julia after he has already worked 8-10 hours that day. He is behind me in this and we are making it a full family effort!

My other sacrifice comes in the budget form - having to buy so many "healthier" foods can be costly, and not in a huge way, but some items that help can be pricey. Such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Flax Seed Oil (more on why I use these items at another time). Just this past week I think I spent almost $50 of produce alone! I also am making budget cuts in order to be at the gym and have the membership, otherwise we would not be able to afford it.

So, with only a week and half left in the competition at the gym I am keeping an eye on the competitors, and dedicated to winning this contest! My goal is to have lost 20 pounds, but 16 would be awesome! Keep me in your thoughts and don't let me eat anything that isn't "good" for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment