Goals


June 20, 2011

Accountability

Well I haven't been posting on here as much as I use to, and mostly it's due to staying focused on the gym and family life. But, I do need to still keep my accountability to everyone who is watching. I'm at the lowest weight I've been since starting college, and feel great. But, I'm not done! So I need to keep on focusing on new techniques and ways to make the pounds come off. I don't have any answers to this yet, but welcome suggestions. I do, however, want to update you on what's been going on with me lately.

Gym life -
Monday through Friday I am in the gym anywhere between 1 hour to 3 hours each day, depending on the day. I have some awesome new shoes that I got for my birthday that are great for the workouts I am primarily doing (cross training). I also got the Zumba for the Wii game for those days when I can't make it to the gym (vacations or Saturdays). My workouts include, Zumba, Body Pump, Body Combat, and frequently some elliptical and sit-ups. In order to keep treating any knee and shoulder pains I have to do stretching 3 times a day and really keep my body flexible and out of any stiffness that I encounter a lot after a workout.

Diet Life -
Well, food around here isn't the best. We decreased our food budget almost by half to save money and I did so with couponing. But, the down side to this is that stores do not coupon produce. So, the amount of fresh foods has decreased in our diet lately. I use a lot of frozen veggies though to supplement, and have added vitamins to make sure we do not lose out on an nutrients. I have also been taking a potasium pill once a day to help with water retention and muscle cramping.

Goals -
With the use of a lot of pantry items and freezer foods now my goal is to cook almost 100% from scratch (likely 90%) and keep our sodium levels low. I'm hoping to grow some of my own vegetables too, but unfortunately I won't get to do a whole garden as I'd hoped to do. I am also trying to lose about 1 pounds a week for the summer. This is a super realistic goal for me, considering all the BBQs we have and possibility of eating out that happens in the summer time.

I am hoping to become pregnant by the end of the summer, so at that time this blog will become about maintaining weight and eating a low sodium diet, along with low impact exercises. If I do not become pregnant by the Fall then I will change the weight goals and continue to lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment