Goals


January 19, 2012

4 Day Cleanse Shopping List

Here’s my shopping list for my 4 day cleanse. Some of the items I already have on hand, and others I will have to pick up at specialty stores. My frugal self is keeping it budget friendly too. I found that Grocery Outlet has most of the items on my list (including cremini mushrooms!), so I’ll do some of my shopping there. I have flaxseed oil, but not sure how long it last, so if I have to purchase more there’s a great local Natural Foods Store near me I’ll stop in at to get the rest of my items I haven’t found. As always I’ll work in cash only, use coupons on some items, and keep to my list.

Shopping List:

Produce:
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 pint fresh green beans
- 1 bag red potatoes
- Large bag bay carrots (10 oz or more)
- Half pint cremini mushrooms
- 1 large yellow squash
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 4 medium lemons

Dairy:
- ½ gallon lactose free skim milk (or plain skim milk)
- 1 package of low fat string cheese

Frozen:
- 10 oz frozen blueberries
- 10 oz frozen peaches
- 10 oz frozen strawberries

Dry Goods:
- 12 oz box unsweetened corn flakes
- 12 oz box Rice Krispies
- 12 ox box cream of Wheat/plain Oatmeal
- 14 oz box instant brown rice
- 24 oz jar of unsweetened applesauce
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits canned in juice
- 1 cup bulk (or small package) roasted or raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 8 oz bottle cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (found at your local natural foods store)
- 8 oz bottle Olive oil
- 15 oz package raisins
- 7 oz container dried plums

Spices:
- 1-2 knuckles fresh ginger root
- 2 bunches fresh mint
can be used on any of your foods to add extra flavor:
- Original or Italian medley Mrs. Dash
- Fresh or dried: basil, bay leaf, cinnamon, curry powder, dill, ginger, lemon or lime juice, marjoram, mint, oregano, paprika, pepper, rosemary, sage, terragon, or thyme
- Aged balsamic vinegar

Meat:
- 2 packages deli turkey
- ¼ pound tilapia filets (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ pound turkey breast cutlet
- 3 oz can chunk light tuna in water

Next....watch of foods to avoid after the cleanse!

1 comment: