Goals


January 13, 2010

Cardio Max Level 1

Well yesterday I had a large over draft on the calories, so I felt like today couldn’t be a rest day for me. So, while Julia took her nap I popped in The Biggest Loser workout DVD that I borrowed from a friend. I really had no expectations, but when she told me that Bob seems all nice during the workout and he’s really the Devil I truly believed that by the end of the workout. I couldn’t believe how intense the cardio was. By the second minute of the warm-up I was sweating and breathing hard, and it just kept going. It was great to watch past contestants who weren’t skinny models in the background. Bob was so inspiring, and I just felt great for getting the workout in. As soon as I can, I must buy this DVD. I also need to find out how much calories I burned while doing it.

On the diet front, I have buckled down and really forced myself to look at my calorie intake. As I said, yesterday was way over, due to the lovely garlic bread I owned up to. I am using a wonderful nutrition journal online, and it helps me to keep track of the calories. I have also found a very inspiring blog by a man who dropped almost 150lbs in a year by doing exactly what I am doing. Working out, eating right, and making the right choices in life. I have posted links on my sidebar of the blog with all the tools I am using online. The blog I am following is 344pounds.com. He has some great insight on weight lose, and looks amazing.

I thought I would occasionally post my diet journals as well, so here are yesterdays and today.

January 12, 2010: Total Calories: 2,412 Total Burned: 248

Breakfast: Scrambled egg with cheese & Turkey bacon: 399 cal
Snack: Special K & Milk – 193 cal
Lunch: Ground turkey burritos & cantaloupe: 770 cal
Dinner: Spaghetti & Garlic Bread – 985 cal
Snack: Popcorn – 110 cal

January 13, 2010: Total Calories: 1,735 Total Calories Burned: 476

Breakfast: Special K & Milk – 193 calories
Snack: Cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese – 424 calories
Lunch: Leftover spaghetti w/ half a slice of garlic bread; cantaloupe; non-fat yogurt - 496 Calories
Dinner: Imitation Crab Stir-Fry – 513 calories
Snack: Popcorn – 110 calories

I’d like to be keeping my calories just below 2,000, so I am doing better today then yesterday. I would also like to be burning more calories through my workouts, so I’m going to need to step it up more. Tonight for dinner we made a wonderful stir-fry dish on top of white rice. I’m not sure what I’ll call it, but it was made with imitation crab, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and mushrooms. We also used a variety of low sodium sauces, but that will be my secret recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment