Goals


January 30, 2010

Healthy on the inside too

I really don’t have a lot to report on today. It’s been a long day with a lot of hunger and little activity. We spent the evening at Jon’s parent’s house, so it was a lot like going out to eat. We didn’t have to cook, clean, and I didn’t know what the caloric value was. It was a delicious meal too, just like going out to eat. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and green beans. I even had a few bites of coconut cream pie. But, by eating smaller portions I was able to stay within my calories, and have a positive day. The richness of the food did upset my stomach, and I realized how much of a difference our home cooking is really making on my body.

I remember when I was first diagnosed with IBS. I was about two years into my weight gain in college, and was a fast food fanatic. When I began to make changes in my life after that I stopped eating specific fast foods, but never really made the complete move to no fast food like I have now. I would have episodes all the time, and even up until I started the home cooking and new lifestyle journey. Not until tonight did I have another episode, and I hold the garlic bread fully responsible for that!

My home cooking could make a lot of different changes, such as cutting out certain foods, but I feel like a clean diet that includes all the foods I enjoy is a healthy way for me to eat and live. I have complete respect for those who can cut out foods, such as dairy, meats, gluten, carbs, or any other aspect of their diet. I just don’t feel that I can make those types of cuts in my life yet, or ever. Kudos to those who can!

Total Calories today: 1,818

No comments:

Post a Comment