Goals


February 01, 2010

It's all about the small steps

Well today was a productive day around the house. I was able to get a lot of house work done due to having one of my girlfriend’s daughters visiting for the day to play with Julia and spend some time away from her siblings, but by the end of the day though she was pretty bored. I also baked a chocolate cake, thinking another one of our friend’s was coming over for his birthday, but that didn’t work out. So, I had my girlfriend and her daughters over for dinner, but they didn’t take any cake! So, I decided Jon has to take the cake to work tomorrow and share the love with his co-workers.

Last night I worked out to my Wii Active game, and moved the settings up to high/hard. The end of each routine usually has a 2 minute run (in place), and I usually tap out around a minute and do a fast walk. Usually has something to do with the fact that the sensor isn’t reading my pace, and the game is telling me I’m going to slow. Well, something worked all together last night, and I was able to do the whole run without stopping. In fact, I could have kept going. Let me share something with you here. I HATE RUNNING. When I was much younger (and in shape) I did track, and of course it was probably my healthiest of times in life but I hated having to do the warm up run every day at practice. Once I stopped doing sports I dreaded ever having to go any faster then a fast walk. With knee injuries and lower back injuries I probably won’t ever become a die hard runner any time soon, if ever, but I am glad to see my mediocre accomplishment at this time.

Today I kept in the range of all my nutritional goals (calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, and sodium) except my darn sodium levels. Even with eating spaghetti for dinner, I managed to only have 1,851 calories today.

No comments:

Post a Comment