Goals


January 18, 2011

Nutritionist ??

Last night after Zumba I went up for the Nutrition Class offered for the Biggest Loser contestants. I was expecting some great meal planning tools, ideas for substituting foods, and ways to burn more fat with your diet. I mean when you're a sport nutritionist I'm gonna have some high expectations. But, it was a total flop! This gal odvisouly knew what she was talking about, but really had no clue how to instruct a group of fat people on how to do it. She had portion sizes of certain foods laid out on her table and handed out a paper about what foods are good, and how many carbs, fats, or calories they might have. I really felt like I could have taught this class better then this women did. I felt bad for these women who seemed to be just starting out and didn't have a real clue. I asked a lot of questions, just like the trainers told me too, and it almost felt like people didn't want me to ask them. I also felt like I was being talked down to about diet and nutrition. I mean when you look at someone in a Biggest Loser contest, I get maybe you're going to pre-judge them and think maybe they don't know much, but I do and that's what frustrated me. It was a total waist of 30 minutes!

So, since I did not pay for the extra training portion of this contest I may be at a slight disadvantage, but at the same time I'm planning to lose a great deal of weight and that motivation could really push me forward!

I plan to follow a strict diet of calories between 1,300 - 1,800 a day. Also, no more then 250 grams of carbohydrates, and a fat intake of 39-54 grams a day. This will take a lot of time and dedications, and I am prepared for that. I will meal plan each day, and follow that, and when life gets in the way I will work around it. Starting next week I will be following a diet plan laid out for me on SparkPeople.com - one that is filled with a small variety of foods, so I may make my own adjustments to it. I will post more on it when that begins.

So, if you feel like you don't know enough to eat right or that you need more direction, I feel I certainly can help you in that area. I'm not a certified nutritionist, I'm in no way trained with all the answers, but I've been at this long enough to know what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment